The latest model of Honda’s sports utility truck, the 2017 Honda Ridgeline has proven to be one of the safest pickups on the market. Here are just a few of the reasons why the Honda Ridgeline is the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration’s (NHTSA) first four-door pickup to earn a five-star safety rating and the Insurance Institute for Highway Safety’s (IIHS) “Top Safety Pick-Plus” for 2017.
After two years of being absent from the market, the Honda Ridgeline has returned with an all-new redesign. The chassis has a more rigid structure, especially when compared to the original model, improving the vehicle’s overall stability and safety. The IIHS awarded the Ridgeline’s structure and safety cage with the highest possible rating across all collision tests, including front impact, side impact and rollover accidents. Measurements collected from crash-test dummies indicated a low risk of any significant injuries to the driver or passengers, when other proper safety precautions were taken.
Safety Through Technology
In addition to its stronger chassis, the 2017 Ridgeline comes equipped with the latest in Honda Sensing technology. A suite of safety features ensure the driver is aware of surrounding vehicles and hazards at all times, drastically reducing the chance of collision.
- Honda’s Blind Spot Visibility system alerts you when approaching vehicles are detected, so you can change lanes without worry.
- Honda LaneWatch™ displays live video on your screen when you flip on your turn signal to reveal almost four times more than the passenger side-mirror alone.
- The Multi-Angle Rearview Camera allows you to reverse without risk of collision. Three different viewing angles (wide, normal and top-down) ensure you’re able to see almost everything behind you.
- Collision Mitigation Braking System™ (CMBS™) causes the vehicle to brake when it senses an impending collision with a vehicle in front of you.
- Lane Departure Warning (LDW) and Lane Keeping Assist System (LKAS) can help drivers stay in their lane by detecting unwanted drift. When activated, automatic steering adjusts to keep you centered if you begin to leave the center of a detected lane without signaling.
Honda Sensing technology is being made available across all models, including the Ridgeline, helping drivers avoid collisions and reducing the severity of any accidents that might happen.
Shop New and Pre-Owned Hondas in Seattle
Honda of Seattle is working to make car buying simple. With no hidden fees or commissioned sales team, the price you see is the price you pay! View our inventory online or visit us in-person to test thousands of vehicles, all under one roof. Every vehicle purchase comes with a complimentary seven-year/100,000 mile Limited Powertrain Warranty, Roadside Assistance and two years of free oil changes! Contact us today for more information or to speak with our dedicated staff!