Whether you just bought a new Honda or you’ve had it for a couple of years, there are many benefits to taking care of your car. Regular oil changes and service help keep the mechanical parts running smoothly, but what about the exterior? That’s where a professional auto detail service comes in – it can help protect the car’s exterior and keep your car looking shiny and new for years to come.
The Car Detailing Process
Although you can detail your car yourself, most people do not have the time or the proper equipment. It’s best to take your vehicle to a detailer or a dealership where an experienced detailing team can work on your car, making it look brand new in half the time it would likely take you to obtain the same results.
Car detailing professionals use special tools to clean the interior and exterior of your vehicle, which preserves and extends the life of your vehicle’s body and interior. A professional auto detail service will often include:
- Paint Care – Professional detailers follow a three-step process that cleans, corrects and protects the paint surface. Detailers begin the process by properly washing and drying the car to remove any dirt and grime. Clay is then applied, which removes loose contaminants in the clear coat like metal particles and dirt. The paint will then be polished to remove any swirl marks or scratches before being sealed with wax.
- Chassis and Wheels – Detailers also pay attention to the undercarriage and chassis of your vehicle by properly washing and drying wheel wells and around suspension components. Plastic splash guards and inner fender liners will be dressed in a plastic protectant. Tires may be given a dressing that prevents UV damage from the sun, and provides that shiny black look.
- Headlights, Taillights and Exterior Trim – A polishing compound will be applied to headlights and taillights that display signs of oxidation. A sealant will be applied afterward utilizing a plastic sealant. All chrome trims will be cleaned while vinyl or plastic trims will have protectant applied to prevent fading and cracking.
- Interior Detailing – All carpeting and seating surfaces will be cleaned with fabric-sensitive shampoo or steam cleaners. Plastic and vinyl interior features will be properly cleaned and dressed, and any leather will be conditioned and cleaned. Trunk space will also receive the same treatment.
Have Your Car Professionally Detailed with Honda of Seattle
Whether your vehicle is brand new or slightly used, Honda of Seattle’s professional detailers can give your car that brand new sparkle. Our detailers have a combined 45+ years of experience and take pride in cleaning your vehicle. We detail all makes and models at our Seattle location and our customers have access to:
- Shuttle services
- Same-day service available on select services
We provide several detailing packages from full vehicle details to standard interior cleanings, fitting any budget or needs you have. Contact Honda of Seattle today to have your vehicle professionally detailed or to get a quote!